[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Expiaration date does not work ?

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 5 04:07:29 EST 2008

"ivan.rododendro" wrote : Hello,
  | we post some PERSISTENT messages on a Topic which is subscribed by a durable subscriber. Expired messages are not removed from persistence (JBM_MSG)  util an acknoledge is called. Right now (04 dec 08 16:17) a message with expiration = 1228402690296 (Thu Dec 04 15:58:10 CET 2008) is still on my database.
  |
  | JBM version is 1.4.1-CR1, persistence provider is oracle 10i, post office is not clustered.
  |
  | Any idea  ?
  | thank you
  | Ivan

That is perfectly correct behaviour.

JMS does not mandate that expired messages are removed before delivery. In JBM 1.x expired messages are actually expired at delivery time,

All JMS spec says is that expired messages shouldn't be delivered.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4194556#4194556

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4194556