[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Load-balance the invocation of a MBean in the cluster from a

cdelory do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 5 06:06:51 EST 2008

Hello all

My use case is the following:
- in a JBoss cluster, I have a set of service MBeans, but not on all cluster nodes; for example, node A has an instance of the service, node B also, but node C has no such instance.
- Each node may own at most one service instance.
- The object name of the service is the same on each node.
- The service extends the HAServiceMBeanSupport class.
- A stateless session EJB3, running in the same cluster, needs to invoke a public method on one of these services (randomly chosen or not, this isn't so important); this EJB may of course run on node C.
- I really would like that this EJB may access the public methods of the remote service through its public interface, and not with the MBeanServer "invoke" pattern: "Object invoke(ObjectName, String, Object[], String[])".

I try to figure out the best solution to achieve this use case:
- So far, I investigated the ProxyFactoryHA way (http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/guides/j2eeguide/r2/en/html/ch2.chapter.html#d0e4902). The bad side is that I encountered a bug (https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-6284). Otherwise it could fit my needs.
- Nevertheless, I'm not sure this is the simplest method, or the most efficient; the clustered service that I mentioned earlier will not be the only one in the cluster: I will have numerous groups of such services in the cluster. With the HA proxy factory, I have one additional MBean for every service MBean.

So, if you think there might be a better or simplier solution, or if you have any other clues, they are welcome.
Thanks a lot.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4194588#4194588

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4194588