[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Custom navigation region

psevestre do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 5 08:42:09 EST 2008

Hi,

I've faced a similar problem: A main menu with top-level pages and an accordion-style  sidebar menu.

My solution:

1. In tabs.jsp, I always render both menus (ul/li structures)
2. In layout pages, I have two instances of the "navigation" region, using distinct "regionID" values.
3. In the theme CSS files, I show/hide the unwanted menu for each case, using the different regionIDs.

As an optimization, you can save the rendered markup on step 1 at session level when called from the first occurence of the nav region and use this cached data to render subsequent calls.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4194619#4194619

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4194619