[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: missing /lib directory in server/default confiog dir on

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Dec 6 05:29:20 EST 2008

Since you mention you downloaded the "next AS5", i am assuming you are talking about JBoss-5 GA :)

In the GA version of JBoss-5, there have been changes in the folder structure, especially the lib folders. The lib folder under each server profile (default, all etc...) is now empty and all the jar files are now moved to a %JBOSS_HOME%/common/lib folder. This common/lib will act as a parent to all server/< serverName>/lib folders. If you want to add any jar for a specific server profile, then you can add it to the %JBOSS_HOME%/server/< serverName>/lib folder.
anonymous wrote :
  | and it errors when run and wont start - primary reason seems to a missing /lib directory.
  |
  | seems to be a problem in the jdk and non jdk downloads both

I have downloaded the GA and it works without any issues on my setup. So the folder refactoring should not be any issue. Which URL did you use to download the server? There are 2 versions of the AS - one specifically for JDK6 and the other for JDK5. Which one did you download and which JDK version are you using. See this related FAQ http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-12933

If none of this solves the issue, please post additional details including the Operating system, the Java version and the entire console logs including the exception stacktrace.

P.S: There is a dedicated forum for JBoss AS5 here http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewforum&f=287

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4194791#4194791

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4194791