[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Resources in transaction

mohitanchlia do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Dec 6 19:59:11 EST 2008

Jboss 4.2. I have a question about 2 phase commit: Here is the scenario:

1. Our app starts a user transaction in a servlet
2. In that transaction it accesses Stateless Bean that inserts something in DB. I think this leads to prorogation of transaction, if I am not wrong.
3. After successful call to that bean it inserts a message in queue (remember everything is still in same transaction).

So my question is, would both DB and JMS provider be part of same transaction and follow 2 phase commit protocol? So if DB fails or the route fails does it also ask for rollback from other resource? I am wondering how that works.

Our DB is non-XA and JMS provider is XA. Jboss internally uses last resource gambit.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4194856#4194856

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4194856