[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Cannot find method addChild with this signature

mduffy_lists do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 8 00:28:22 EST 2008

I just downloaded JBoss-5.0.0.GA.  (released a few days ago)   .

I am trying to configure with a configuration that worked flawlessly in JBoss 4.21 using an expanded war file (directory) named laser.war.

The following error is generated:

23:17:19,758 ERROR [AbstractKernelController] Error installing to Start: name=jboss.web.deployment:war=/lasser state=Create mode=Manual requiredState=Installed
org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: URL vfsfile:/opt/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/default/deploy/lasser.war/ deployment failed
        at org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException.rethrowAsDeploymentException(DeploymentException.java:49)
        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeployInternal(TomcatDeployment.java:373)
        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeploy(TomcatDeployment.java:146)
        at org.jboss.web.deployers.AbstractWarDeployment.start(AbstractWarDeployment.java:460)
        at org.jboss.web.deployers.WebModule.startModule(WebModule.java:118)
        at org.jboss.web.deployers.WebModule.start(WebModule.java:96)

Caused by: LifecycleException:  Error initializaing :  javax.management.ReflectionException: Cannot find method addChild with this signature
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4150)
        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeployInternal(TomcatDeployment.java:367)
        ... 55 more

Is there some sort of config file for Tomcat that I am missing?

Any suggestions?

Thx.

Mike

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4194950#4194950