[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - How to do exploded deployment?

margotmedia do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 8 08:25:37 EST 2008

Hello.

I'm under the impression that it is possible to do exploded deployment with JBoss Tools on a JBoss server (at least I think I read that somewhere) but I can't find out how to do this for the sake of my life.

I'm using Eclipse 3.4.1 with the latest WTP & JBoss Tools updates applied (WTP v3.0.3 & JBossAS Tools 2.0.0.Beta1).

Could you please give me a hint where I am supposed to configure this  and which package I have to install (I'm using http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/development ).

Any help would be really appreciated since without this feature developing EAR projects is just a waste of time because WTP insists on recreating & redeploying the whole EAR project upon every little change within an xhtml file.

Also I would like to hear how others can live with WTP if you have to do EAR projects since there has to be a trick because the current situation is just laughable (I should mention that I also have to use Maven (integrated via m2eclipse plugin) to build the project on command line / in the continuous integration server, so using only Eclipse is no option).

Thanks a lot in advance for any help!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4195049#4195049

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4195049