[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - performance hibernate vs EJB3

apdo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 8 14:27:46 EST 2008

I know jboss EJB3 use hibernate technology.

Should we expect identical peformance using EJB3 or hibernate (both behind slsb).

I expect the answer to be yes. However, I'm performing some testing and I'm getting better performance using hibernate. Is this possible or my tests are incorrect? According to me both tests use the same configuration. I have configure second-level cache. I have test with and without query cache.

Test 1: insertion of 100000 objects with relations.
for insertion my hibernate test perform 25% faster than with EJB3.

Test 2: read 100000 objects
also faster by about 25%.

Test 3: read 1000 objects
I got similar performance.

I must do something wrong to get different results with both API but I would like to have the point of view of others.

thanks,

An Phong Do

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4195141#4195141

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4195141