[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - how do I use reminders ?

shantanu.u do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 10 14:01:46 EST 2008

I'm trying to get reminder emails to work. Here's my process definition :

  | <swimlane name="SL_2">
  | 		<assignment pooled-actors="pA2" />
  | 	</swimlane>
  |
  | 	<task-node name="aTaskNode" end-tasks="true">
  | 		<event type="node-enter">
  | 			<mail name="mailIt" to="someone at somecompany.com" template="someTemplate" />
  | 		</event>
  | 		<task name="approvalTask" description="Description" swimlane="SL_2" notify="yes">
  | 			<reminder duedate="2 business days" repeat="10 seconds"/>
  | 		</task>
  | 		<transition name="tran1" to="to1"/>
  | 		<transition name="tran2" to="to2"/>
  | 	</task-node>

My email sending works when node-enter event occurs. What I want to know is :

1. When I add notify="yes", I assume the pooled actors (pA2) are notified. If so, how to I specify their email ids ? Do I need an address resolver ?

2. If 1 is true, I guess  also uses pA2 email ids . Is that true ?

3. If I use  inplace of , when the due date is passed, can I transition my task back to the pooled state by specifying a transition ?

4. Can I use reminder and timer together ?

I've been exposed to JBPM in just few days. Implementing more functionality by reading http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v3/userguide/mail.html is tough. According to me, the docs are disconnected and don't offer the complete picture. But JBPM rocks !

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4195719#4195719

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4195719