[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - EJB lookup failure in 5.0.0.GA

jhsingle do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 10 17:06:26 EST 2008

I have a jUnit test that worked under 5.0.0.CR2, but now fails under 5.0.0.GA

The test does a standard lookup

  | Properties props = new Properties();
  | props.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
  |       "org.jboss.security.jndi.JndiLoginInitialContextFactory");
  | props.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES, "org.jnp.interfaces");
  | props.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "blackbook21");
  | props.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "testuser");
  | InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(props);
  | return (SecurityManagerRemote) ctx.lookup("usermgmt/SecurityManager/remote");

but instead of returning my remote interface, it returns a javax.naming.Reference and I get a ClassCastException.  If I print out the Reference, it is indeed a reference to my interface.  I am compiling the test client with jbosssx-as-client.jar from the distribution client directory to be sure I am getting the latest JndiLoginInitialContextFactory.  The server log seems to show that the EJB is being deployed and bound to the correct JNDI name:
anonymous wrote :
  | 16:39:59,482 INFO  [EJBContainer] STARTED EJB: security.ejb.server.SecurityManager ejbName: SecurityManager
  | 16:39:59,562 INFO  [JndiSessionRegistrarBase] Binding the following Entries in Global JNDI:
  |
  | 	usermgmt/SecurityManager/remote - EJB3.x Default Remote Business Interface
  | 	usermgmt/SecurityManager/remote-security.ejb.client.SecurityManagerRemote - EJB3.x Remote Business Interface

What server change could be causing this change in behavior?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4195739#4195739

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4195739