[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - jbosscache performance

rich11 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 10 18:13:30 EST 2008

I am doing a performance testing using jbosscache, and here is the problem:

I basically add some test data in jboss cache and try to evaluate the perform of read. But it is interesting to found that cache read can be slow once a while, and it took 1328 millisecond to perform 1000 read, which is very bad. Here is part of result of cache read in millisecond:

0
15
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
16
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
16
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0

I am doing a simple read as:

Node rootNode1 = cache.getRoot();
Fqn p1 = Fqn.fromString("/c3");
Node n1 = rootNode1.getChild(p1);
Object cc = n1.get(key);

My configure file is:

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <jbosscache xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="urn:jboss:jbosscache-core:config:3.0">
  |
  | <locking isolationLevel="READ_UNCOMMITTED" lockAcquisitionTimeout="15000"/>
  | <transaction transactionManagerLookupClass="org.jboss.cache.transaction.GenericTransactionManagerLookup"/>
  | <jmxStatistics
  |          enabled="false"/>
  | <eviction wakeUpInterval="0">
  | <default algorithmClass="org.jboss.cache.eviction.LRUAlgorithm">
  | <property name="maxNodes" value="50"/>
  | <property name="timeToLive" value="-1"/>
  | </default>
  | </eviction>
  | </jbosscache>

Any suggestion?