[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - WSRP - passing user name to remote portlet

haidong_li do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 11 00:57:40 EST 2008

Dear all:

We are using JBoss portal server 2.7.  We want it to consume a remote portlet. To satisfy the remote server's authentication requirement, the user name must be a header field in HTTP requests.  However, the user name is specifed as userContextKey  in  the SOAP message which is part of HTTP request body.

I looked around in JBoss portal's online documentation, it does not seem to me that this is something can be configured (hope I am wrong here :) ). If we can't put user name into the HTTP request header, we probably will have to build some proxy to sit in between to get user name from body and inject it into the header.

Any help/suggestion is greatly appreciated !

Regards
Haidong

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4195790#4195790

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4195790