[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: The performance problem of richfaces in IE

ecko do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 11 09:34:34 EST 2008

"swatermeyer" wrote : Im very interested in some performance-tunings tips, too.

  | We are currently developing a portal application with jboss portal 2.6.5GA and richfaces 3.2.2. The target (client)platform is Windows 2000 (SP4) with IE6 (SP1) and we've got massive performance problems while working with our portal-application in this combination. The IE uses up to 500MB of ram and works realy slowly. We guess a memory-leak in richfaces framework or an error in WindowsScriptingHost. Using Firefox is quite a little bit faster, but far away from a acceptable performance.
  | A complete page refresh takes up to 30 seconds, the server cpu-usage never reaches 10 percent while the client-cpu works with 100 percent usage all the time.
  | With Windows XP the performance is good, could be better, but a page refresh is done in 3-4 seconds.
  |
  | We searched alot and didnt found anything helping us. I Just want to know if there are any known Bugs with JBoss Portal, Richfaces & Windows 2000. If someone got a solution for our problem, we would be very thankful :)
  |
  | kind regards
  | stephan

As i knowed, JSF RI and richfaces have the memory-leak problem, the slow performance is serious in IE6(7) when the web page contains one hundred controls or more, it's sooooooooooo sloooooooowly, but in Firefox, this case, it works much better than IE.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4195944#4195944

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4195944