[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Restarting JBoss Programatically

dmoses48 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 11 16:13:22 EST 2008

"Sanjuro" wrote : Check the start-up script/batchfile of jboss 3.2.1. I think someone modified it to check whether the return value (errorlevel on Windows) is 2 and then restart the script.
In the run.bat from my jboss 3.2.1 deployment.
if ERRORLEVEL == 2 goto RESTART
and the run.sh from my jboss 3.2.1 deployment.
# Error level of 2 indicates a request for restart
  | errlevel=2;
  | while [ $errlevel -eq 2 ]
  | do
  |     ...Startup code...
  |   fi
  |   errlevel=$?;
  |   echo $errlevel
  |   if [ $errlevel -eq 2]
  |   then
  |     echo Restarting JBoss...
  |   fi
  | done

Thank you a bunch.  I updated my shell/batch files and it works like a charm.  I could have spent some time trying to figure this one out.   For anyone that cares, I noticed that JBoss default run.bat for 4.2.2.GA has
if ERRORLEVEL 10 goto RESTART

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4196067#4196067

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4196067