[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: AutoDiscovery for multiple clusters on same machine

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 11 23:01:41 EST 2008

To look up two different EJB applications deployed on two different clusters, the client will need to create more than one InitialContext.

The contents of jndi.properties will be combined with whatever other properties you
pass in via a call to new InitialContext(Hashtable<?,?> environment). So I would recommend you create a utility class with methods to create an appropriate "Hashtable<?,?> environment", one for each cluster. The returned Hashtable would include the cluster-specific environment properties; any properties that are common could come from jndi.properties.

How you populate each cluster specific Hashtable is up to you, but I'd recommend externalizing the information in properties files, e.g. clusterA.properties and clusterB.properties.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4196127#4196127

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4196127