[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - EAR won't deploy to server

ghtdak do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Dec 14 04:23:05 EST 2008

I have the simplest of test cases having been cut it down to 3 or 4 lines of code over the last few days... after being somewhat surprised when stumbling on "no support for 64 bit" afterthought in the forums I got a temporary mental lift... maybe thats it!!!

So, I did a full redeploy on 32 bit (ubuntu linux).  Virgin everything... ganymede j2ee, JBoss Tools from the nightly builds... everything.  (BTW, this is jboss-5.0 from svn and I am using the correct server  "by Red Hat" seems to be necessary according to other posts somewhere... this can't be a version thing...)

Thing is I'm able to build and test everything without any difficulty when I manually export an EAR into the deploy directory.  And I'm used to eclipse "doing the right thing" when running... but with eclipse and JBoss tools, it just seems to "do nothing".

It generates the files in the usual obscure hidden within hidden directories (thank you find :-).  And I tried changing the server deployment from using the workspace to using the jboss deploy directory... nothin...

Eclipse simply won't copy the EAR content into the server or do whatever other magic it must use to look into the workspace...

I'm sure it must work for some folks or there'd be more chatter.  Or I'm missing some massive design / use issue which is so obvious I can't see the forest for the trees.

I'm pretty much at a total loss here.  The server starts just fine from scratch (i.e. without any deployed packages)... and looking in the JBoss AS perspective, I can see the EJB and its "synchronized".  As there are no other buttons or right click stuff... I figure it should just run.

no joy here after a couplea days of this.

Hopefully somebody can point out the simple boneheaded thing I'm doing wrong.

-glenn

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4196385#4196385

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4196385