[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: EAR won't deploy to server

ghtdak do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Dec 14 05:37:33 EST 2008

Looking inside the highly classified hidden log file inside the hidden metadata directory (eclipse loves hidden directories and files.. maybe someone thought it would save disk space :-)

Anyway, I'm beginning to see where all the spew is going.  apparently, there are a very large number of dependencies which aren't checked by the jboss tools install... including equinox, leading to something in birt... eventually leading to osgi.  The required packages aren't part of the eclipse package as downloaded, and google seems not to help much..

and, the install went without a hitch.  at a minimum, it appears as though jboss tools doesn't refer to these requirements so must be part of what the developers use as their baseline... or I might have seen something in the forums... anywhere... unless I'm one of the first non-developers to try and get this to work after the recent releast of AS 5.

I'll post after I run this down...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4196388#4196388

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4196388