[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: No auto-id for jbpm when running on Oracle

janvandeklok do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 16 08:51:50 EST 2008

Ai Martin.... shame on me!!!

We have  2 hibernate.cfg.xml deployed in the jboss server: 1 that comes with the JBPM installation and 1 that was generated by SEAM for our application.

Since JBPM did create-drop the jbpm tables and that behaviour was NOT specified in the JBPM hibernate.cfg.xml  but was specified in the SEAM hibernate.cfg.xml   I thought hibernate was just using the SEAM configuration file. In the SEAM configuration file the proper oracle dialect was set, in the JBPM configuration file it was not!!

I changed the dialect and now the id generation work as does the hot deployment!!!

Thanks Martin  I owe you one!!!!

What puzzles me however  is that the  JBPM hibernation reacts on the

    <property name="hbm2ddl.auto">create-drop</property>
specified in the seam config file,

while in the jbpm config file the following property was set
<!-- Automatic schema creation (begin) -->
  |     <property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto">none</property>
  |     <!-- Automatic schema creation (end) -->

I'm not a hibernate expert but these configuration files are using different keys for the same behaviour. That seems strange doesn't it?

Any way, Thanks for the help Martin.

Jan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4196875#4196875

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4196875