[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: JDK 5 or 6 with JBoss AS 5, eclipse ganymede, JBoss tool

bdlink do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 16 13:18:00 EST 2008

In the JBoss AS5 release notes it seems to suggest you are better to be using Java 5:
The Java5 compiled binary is our primary/recommended binary
  | distribution. It has undergone rigorous testing and can run under both a Java 5 and a Java 6 runtime. When running
  | under Java 6 you need to manually copy the following libraries from the JBOSS_HOME/client directory to the
  | JBOSS_HOME/lib/endorsed directory, so that the JAX-WS 2.0 apis supported by JBossWS are used:
  |
  |     * jbossws-native-saaj.jar
  |     * jbossws-native-jaxrpc.jar
  |     * jbossws-native-jaxws.jar
  |     * jbossws-native-jaxws-ext.jar

JBDS 1 required being run from Java 5.  The getting started for JBoss Tools Guides - 3.0.0.Beta1 saysYou must have a working installation of JDK 5 before you install JBoss Developer Studio. Currently it will only fully work with a 32-bit JVM, not a 64-bit JVM.
Does Max's comment mean that this requirement (Java 5) will be removed for JBDS 2.0.0?, and presumably also in JBT 3.0.0?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4196946#4196946

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4196946