[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Quartz Service doesn't bind to JNDI

luckybird do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 17 03:25:49 EST 2008

Hi all,
I can't get Quartz to work. At first, I've created a quartzservice.sar as described in http://www.kouiskas.com/?page_id=19. The Service starts and is bound to JNDI. But if I create a CronTrigger and it's time to start this trigger, it complaints about ClassNotFoundException. I think, the service runs in a different JVM than my EAR.

If I unpack the quartz-service into my EAR, I get a NullPointerException while my service class is looking up the quartz service.

Here is my application.xml (fragments)

  |   <module>
  |     <java>quartz-1.6.3.jar</java>
  |   </module>
  |   <module>
  |     <ejb>quartz-jboss-1.6.3.jar</ejb>
  |   </module>

And here is the service that uses quartz:

  | @Service (objectName = "jboss:custom=MyOwnService", name = "MyOwnService")
  | public class MyOwnService implements MyOwnManagement {
  |
  |     @Resource(mappedName="Quartz")
  |     private Scheduler sched;

How can I get quartz to work so that it can find my service?

TIA,
Ralf.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4197044#4197044

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4197044