[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - About Merging States on Merge of two sub groups.

nachiket_patel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 17 07:16:48 EST 2008

Hello,
I am getting more familiar with JBoss Cache.
I got very much confused and scared in past 3 to 4 days.
Because of zero knowledge of JBoss Cache as well as JGroups.
And i was trying to avoid JGroup internals initially, lately ended in poor understanding. But now  (I feel) i am much clear in basics of PojoCache and JGroups, still don't know much about Core Cache.

Thank you all who helped me, and sorry for putting lots of messages and configuration stacks, i know it's annoying sometimes.
I am writing this stuff because i really appreciated your help, and i want to thank you for that, Finally my fear of JBoss is gone.

Anyways,

What mechanism should be used when i want to copy (or sync to) a particular cache instance (AppInstance 'A') which is initial_host in TCPPING on MERGE. (Because 'B' AppInstance was disconnected from network and come back after Splitting of Cluster) ..

ViewChange event of CacheListener should be used?? or some special ReplicationInterceptor  ??

And how to re-sync with 'A'? By stopping and starting Cache? or some other option is available??

Regards,
Nachiket

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4197098#4197098

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4197098