[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: jBPM 3.3.0GA and Oracle causing StaleObjectStateExceptio

jjrs do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 18 05:27:21 EST 2008

Hi Ronald,

  I really appreciate all suggestions (it doesn't matter if they are a final solution or just a hack to make it work).

  I have just tried to introduce a delay of 8 seconds in one of the actions of the parallel nodes, and I still get the SOE.

  I believe the issue is related with the version column of the father node (token table). The moment a child node is created it will have a reference to the parent node, if we have two children they will have an identical copy/reference to the parent.  The parent node is updated from both children when they arrive to the join, so I believe it doesn't matter the order or the delay between them, as the copy of one of the child will be out of date the moment is finished (the other node will have updated it when it finishes and arrives to the join) and therefore get the SOE.

  I have done a small test changing manually the value of the version column of the parent token, if I decrease it by 1,  after one of the child has finished and the other is waiting, I don't get the SOE.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4197309#4197309

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4197309