[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Converters saving problem

frantisek.kocun@gmail.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Dec 20 13:16:40 EST 2008

Hi,
we use open session in view. I would like to store some Booleans to db, it is stored, but no converter is set, so it si later read as String, which makes Exception.

Problem is that when I set variables their values are converted with converters. To find the right converter Converters.getConverterMaps() is used. It creates new converter map for given objectFactory. But when when values are stored, ConverterEnumType ask Converters for id Converters.getConverterId((Converter) value); . It uses the same method Converters.getConverterMaps() but with different object factory. Converters to convertersMap are created again and the key to map is converter itself (not its class) so method Converters.getConverterId(Converter converter) returns null. Why two different object factories are used in single request? There is the same session. My middle layer code looks like this:

	public void startProcess(final StartEvent startEvent, final String transition){
		getTemplate().execute(new JbpmCallback(){
			public Object doInJbpm(JbpmContext context) throws JbpmException{
				org.jbpm.graph.exe.ProcessInstance processInstance = context.newProcessInstanceForUpdate(startEvent.getProcess().getName());
				processInstance.getContextInstance().setVariables(startEvent);
				processInstance.signal(transition);
				return null;
			}});
	}

We use spring jbpm module and spring is configured so that callback is wrapped in transaction. But all the actions form single request are in one session (open session in view) and every in its own transaction. But this time the only action was startProcess.

StartEvent  is our class which implements map for process variables, and is typed (has process as attribute).

Thanks for your help

Fero

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4197810#4197810

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4197810