[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - EAR Auto-Deployment Issue with Ganymede and JBoss Tools 3 Be

kenny.stainback do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 23 05:30:40 EST 2008

Using:
* Ganymede SR1
* JBoss Tools 3 Beta 1 (more specifically "JBoss AS Tools" 2.0.0.Beta1-R200810311334).

Searched the forum, but haven't found anyone with my exact same issue.

I created a new "Dynamic Web Project" and a regular "Java" project in Eclipse.  I then created a new "WAR" archive in the "Project archives" pane.  I select the war archive and select "New archive --> JAR" in the war archive's WEB-INF/lib directory.  This adds the jar as an embedded package within the WAR.  I can manually publish to the server with no problem (both WAR and JAR projects are set to expanded deployment).

So, if I modify index.html (for example) in my web project, the change is detected and it is deployed to the server successfully.  However, if I change a Java source file in the JAR project, the change is not detected (and therefore, not deployed).  The fileset configured for the JAR archive is the classes output directory of the JAR's Eclipse project.  I verified that classes were indeed being generated to this directory.

I did a similar test using an EAR archive with an embedded WAR archive.  Changes made to the fileset on the EAR would auto-deploy, but changes made to the embedded WAR package were not.  So, it seems as though something is not detecting changes to any child archive of the base archive type.

Any help on this is much appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4198238#4198238

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4198238