[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - building jboss or microkernel question

deanhiller do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 23 13:39:12 EST 2008

I was told this was a user question so was directed to this forum

original post:
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewforum&f=61

I was wanting to build JBoss from all source, but it unfortunately sucks ALOT of binaries in and the ones I wanted to fiddle with ended up in microkernel so I checked that out of SVN(since there is no released 2.0.2 file available), and that again sucked in more binaries.  It seems quite impossible or at least alot of work to build JBoss from source.  Is there instructions somewhere or a good article so I am actually building it all the way from the deployers...

http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/org/jboss/deployers/

It looks like I have to build those, then deliver to microkernel, build that and then deliver to JBoss 5.0 and then build that????  There has got to be an easier way?  Is there an easy way to suck in source maybe or something for everything from the JBoss 5.0 build so that I could change, rebuild, change, rebuild and basically fiddle with JBoss to figure out why my stuff doesn't work?

thanks,
Dean

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4198361#4198361

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4198361