[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Error setup with both MySQL and Hypersonic

fgeorges do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 24 08:00:16 EST 2008

  Hi,

  I try to install jBPM on Windows.  I tried with Hypersonic and
MySQL, and experienced problems with both.  I downloaded the install
file jbpm-installer-3.3.0.GA.jar and executed the procedure (with
optional features.)  That installed a JBoss server.  With MySQL, I get
the following errors when starting this server:

  | 2008-12-24 13:07:00,661 WARN [org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool] Throwable while attempting to get a new connection: null
  | org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.lang.NullPointerException)
  |   at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.xa.XAManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(XAManagedConnectionFactory.java:144)
  |   at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.createConnectionEventListener(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:577)
  |   at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.getConnection(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:262)
  | Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
  |   at com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlXADataSource.wrapConnection(MysqlXADataSource.java:68)
  |   at com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlXADataSource.getXAConnection(MysqlXADataSource.java:60)
  |   at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.xa.XAManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(XAManagedConnectionFactory.java:136)
  |   ... 125 more

  I've installed MySQL with all default values with the install file
for Windows freshly downloaded from their website.

  When I install jBPM with Hypersonic instead, I can start the server
without problem, I log in, I go to the websale process, I start a new
instance, I click examine, I fill in the form and I click "Evaluate"
to get to the next step.  And there I get an error, see the screenshot
at: http://www.fgeorges.org/tmp/jbpm-hypersonic-evaluate-bug.jpg (the
exception message is "Error completing task: An exception of type
"org.jbpm.graph.def.DelegationException" was thrown. The message is:
Cannot open connection".)

> [...]
  |   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
  |   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
  |   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
  | Caused by: org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: Could not enlist in transaction on entering meta-aware object!; - nested throwable: (javax.transaction.SystemException: java.lang.Throwable: Unabled to enlist resource, see the previous warnings. tx=TransactionImple < ac, BasicAction: -53e57f88:74a:49522af4:63 status: ActionStatus.ABORT_ONLY>); - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not enlist in transaction on entering meta-aware object!; - nested throwable: (javax.transaction.SystemException: java.lang.Throwable: Unabled to enlist resource, see the previous warnings. tx=TransactionImple < ac, BasicAction: -53e57f88:74a:49522af4:63 status: ActionStatus.ABORT_ONLY >))
  |   at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource.getConnection(WrapperDataSource.java:94)
  |   at org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.GeneralPurposeDatabasePersistencePlugin.insertTimer(GeneralPurposeDatabasePersistencePlugin.java:199)
  |   at org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.DatabasePersistencePolicy.insertTimer(DatabasePersistencePolicy.java:120)
  |   ... 112 more
  | Caused by: org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not enlist in transaction on entering meta-aware object!; - nested throwable: (javax.transaction.SystemException: java.lang.Throwable: Unabled to enlist resource, see the previous warnings. tx=TransactionImple < ac, BasicAction: -53e57f88:74a:49522af4:63 status: ActionStatus.ABORT_ONLY>)
  |   at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager.managedConnectionReconnected(TxConnectionManager.java:343)
  |   at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.reconnectManagedConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:518)
  |   at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:399)
  |   at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2$ConnectionManagerProxy.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:842)
  |   at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource.getConnection(WrapperDataSource.java:88)
  |   ... 114 more
  | Caused by: javax.transaction.SystemException: java.lang.Throwable: Unabled to enlist resource, see the previous warnings. tx=TransactionImple < ac, BasicAction: -53e57f88:74a:49522af4:63 status: ActionStatus.ABORT_ONLY >
  |   at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager$TxConnectionEventListener$TransactionSynchronization.checkEnlisted(TxConnectionManager.java:744)
  |   at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager$TxConnectionEventListener.enlist(TxConnectionManager.java:577)
  |   at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager.managedConnectionReconnected(TxConnectionManager.java:337)

  Both log files are available at:

    - http://www.fgeorges.org/tmp/jbpm-with-mysql--server.log
    - http://www.fgeorges.org/tmp/jbpm-with-hypersonic--server.log

  Do you have any idea on what's going wrong?

  Best regards, and merry Xmas,

--
Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/