[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - -Dfile.encoding strategy

webmascon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 26 23:58:55 EST 2008

Hi All!

I have couple of JavaEE applications running on JBoss 4.2.2. One application requires Shift_JIS encoding - for iMode mobile phones. That means to solve this problem I have to set -Dfile.encoding in run.bat file that starts JBoss.

BUT

this will affect ALL other applications that are running on teh same application server. Some of them use UTF-8, others - windows-1251. So -Dfile.encoding strategy is wrong for my situation because it changes encoding globally for all applications.

One possible solution is to have separate JBoss for my Shift_JIS applicaiton and separate JBoss for UT-8 applications. BUT this strategy is also wrong since I cannot afford running mutliple instances of JBoss just for each application separately.

What are possible solutions to this problen?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4198610#4198610

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4198610