[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Need Form to Work Without

neilac333 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 1 22:13:24 EST 2008

The good news is this one should be easy.

I have finally developed the first page of my Seam-JPA/Hibernate application, a search page.  This page contains a typical form where the user fills out the search parameters and presses Submit.  The results are then presented in a table just below the form on the same page.

The problem is that when I navigate to the page URL the first time and fill out the form and press submit, I wait a bit and nothing happens...except the form is cleared and a "jsessionid" with all the funky hexadecimal is appended to the URL.  If I repeat the process, only then does the form do what I want it to do.  The really funny thing is that this doesn't happen every time--just most of the time.

As you might have guessed, I would like for this form to work on the initial submit.

Here is the relevant excerpt in pages.xml:

  | <page view-id="/mySearch.jspx">
  |       <navigation from-action="#{mySearchAction.doAdvancedSearch}">
  |          <redirect view-id="/mySearch.jspx"/>
  |       </navigation>
  | </page>

Please let me know if you require more information.  I appreciate any insight you may have.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4125729#4125729

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4125729