[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: JBoss 5.0.0 Beta3 Messaging Client

cfergus do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 4 17:54:29 EST 2008

For this context, maven is like ant.  Difference being that it will try to contact a maven repository on the internet and download the dependencies if they don't exist locally.  I am telling maven to look locally.

My classpath is:

${messaging_home}\jboss-messaging-client.jar
${jboss5_home}\server\default\lib\jboss-remoting.jar
${jboss5_home}\client\jbossall-client.jar
${jboss5_home}\server\default\lib\log4j.jar
${jboss5_home}\lib\javassist.jar
${jboss5_home}\lib\jboss-aop-jdk50.jar
${jboss5_home}\lib\trove.jar

I'm using a build.xml from the messaging 1.4.1.Beta1 download as a template, but there are some inconsistencies with jboss5.  The code below is taken from jboss-messaging-1.4.1.Beta1\examples\topic\build.xml:

${jboss.home}/server/${jboss.configuration}/lib/javassist.jar

The above file does not exist in the /server/default/lib directory

${jboss.home}/server/${jboss.configuration}/deploy/jboss-aop-jdk50.deployer/jboss-aop-jdk50.jar

The above folder (jboss-aop...) does not exist in the deploy directory due to the "deployer" folder structure of jboss5.

${jboss.home}/server/${jboss.configuration}/deploy/jboss-aop-jdk50.deployer/trove.jar

Same as previous entry.

As a result, I scavenged for these files elsewhere in jboss5.  With the classpath described at top, I get the following:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/metadata/spi/signature/Signature

I expect this is a classpath issue related to version mismatch.  But if what's rolled in with jboss5 isn't sufficient, I don't know where next to look.

Any thoughts on what jars should (not) be included?  I would be very happy to see code similar to the jboss-messaging examples, but verified to work with jboss5 beta3.  Anybody know of such code?

Thanks for your help in this matter.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4126372#4126372

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4126372