[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Is Fqn reuseable?

adamw do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 5 09:40:02 EST 2008

Hello,

I'm using JBoss Cache 1.4.1 (the one bundled with Seam) and have the following method:

  | public void testCache1() {
  |    pojoCache.remove("/a");
  |    pojoCache.put("/a/b", 1, 1);
  | }

In my test (which runs inside a Seam app), I start a transaction, invoke testCache1() and commit the transaction, and then repeat it once again. And it works without problems.

Now, I have another version of this method (which I though would be more efficient :) ):

  | private static Fqn fqn1 = new Fqn("a");
  | private static Fqn fqn2 = new Fqn(fqn1, "b");
  |
  | public void testCache2() {
  |    pojoCache.remove(fqn1);
  |    pojoCache.put(fqn2, 1, 1);
  | }

When I repeat the test with testCache2(), it hangs on the second invocation of the put(fqn2,...) method.

The only difference between the two is that once I use the private static fqn-s, and once not. So can I reuse Fqn's, and if not, why?

--
Regards,
Adam Warski

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4126562#4126562