[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - How to passing through request parameters to the next page (

schmatz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 6 08:19:31 EST 2008

Hello guys,

I've got the following problem and I hope that somebody has an solution to that:

Scenario:

1. You receive an email consisting of a link to you Seam app with a verification code as request parameter.
The link looks like this:
http://localhost:8080/myapp/emailAddrConfirmator.seam?verificationCode=e335fc58-093a-4c84

2. The page call to emailAddrConfirmator.xhtml is interceptd by the following page action (actually, the page doesn't even exist):

<page view-id="/emailAddrConfirmator.xhtml" login-required="true">
  |     <action execute="#{emailAddrConfirmator.confirm}" />
  | </page>

3. As you can see a login is required before the confirm action is invoked. Because of the redirect to the login form in order to get the user logged in two problems occur:

First, as defined in components.xml the 'home' page is called after successfully logged in.
Second, the request parameter is lost, of course, because two intermediate request-response cycles have happened due to the login procedure.

Now, I want two things:
  1. propagate the request parameter (or some other solution in order that I have the verification code at hand when it comes to the confirm action)
  2. After logging in I don't want the redirect to the 'home' page but to the emailAddrConfirmator.xhtml.

Any help and/or other solutions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4126980#4126980

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4126980