[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: JBoss Federated SSO: Does it support?

sohil.shah@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 7 13:34:03 EST 2008

Arjun-

anonymous wrote :
  | .. Why would I run two instances of the server to test? To test shouldnt I be just deploying a random test WAR and have the "VALVE" configured. Any request to that application/WAR would require SSO. If I need to run SSO instances on each application server, whats the point?

You can certaily deploy all your wars that are part of the SSO Federation in the same instance of JBoss Server and have them all work just fine.

This example of deploying in a different instance is used to demonstrate that your applications can be deployed anywhere you like including in completely different physical servers in a completely different web domain.

In a nutshell, SSO between apps within the same server is trivial (In fact for this setup, you can probably just use the Tomcat SSO). Its when they can be completely location/domain independent, and then the framework truly shines ;)

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4127530#4127530

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4127530