[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - wsconsume generates annotations instead of xml file

limousyf do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 7 14:02:56 EST 2008

Hello,

We develop 2 years ago an application using jbossws and jboss-ide (it was version 1.6).
Today we have moved to Seam and it's way easier to make WS.

The problem is to maintain the old-fashioned jaxrpc-mapping.xml and the newly generated annotated mapping.
Concretely we want the client to keep generating mapping with an xml file, from the wsdl moving on the server side.

But I didn't found any way with today's wsconsume to generate mapping classes and jaxrpc-mapping.xml (we were doing it graphicly with jboss-ide two years ago !)

Here is the constraints I identified (tell me if I'm wrong):

*) Our old applications runs using jsf 1.1 (myfaces) on jboss-4.0.5

*) Our new applications runs using jsf 1.2 (sun-ri) on seam/jboss-4.2.1

*) We can't run (or painfully maybe ?) both jsf-1.1/jsf-1.2 on the same jboss-4.2.1 server. So we can't upgrade our old applications to 4.2.1 ...

*) We can't find any options on the wsconsume command line (gasp) tool to generate the jaxrpc-mapping.xml. So we can't "downgrade" the wsdl schema to our old fashionned mapping.

I'm quite sure I missed something here, so what do you think is the best path:

1) Upgrade our old applications to an annotated mapping, implying we can run both jsf-1.1 and jsf-1.2 applications on the same server

2) "Downgrade" the mapping by using correctly the wsconsume command line tool (but how ?)

Thanks for your help on this.

Regards,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4127545#4127545

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4127545