[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: FlushMode=MANUAL -- not immediately commited to db?

tynor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 7 14:52:44 EST 2008

anonymous wrote :
  | You need to use a bean-managed transaction (BMT) bean if you want to control the transaction - i.e. tx.begin() tx.commit() etc.

As I suspected :).  Can you point me to what I need to do to declare bean managed persistence?   My backing bean is just a POJO/Seam component - it's not an EJB, so I don't think I can use the javax.ejb's @TransactionManagement (BEAN) annotation.

The following snippet from the Seam docs hint that it's possible, but I can't find any more detailed docs or examples.
anonymous wrote :
  | Seam JavaBean components do not provide declarative transaction demarcation like session beans do. You could manage your transactions manually using the JTA UserTransaction or declaratively using Seam's @Transactional  annotation.

Thanks again!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4127557#4127557

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4127557