[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - fileupload

mars1412 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 8 04:46:58 EST 2008

we provide both an upload applet and a standard HTML form, to let the user upload files to the server.
with the applet it is simple to check the max. filesize and reject large files on the client side.

but for the plain HTML upload form, I think there is no way to limit the filesize.
so what could we do about that?

I suppose it is like that:* bad guy selects a 500MB file and uploads it
  | * the browser will generate a big multipart form request
  | * browser sends this big request to our server
  | * the server must process the complete request, before it  can check the size of the uploaded file/s

OK, this is not really jboss or seam related, but maybe someone can help

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4127724#4127724

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4127724