[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Timer Service

liss_jboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 8 08:27:51 EST 2008

Hi!

I'm trying to create a schedule service at jboss 4.2.1 but I'm not sure what to do.
I need a service to be started by the application server that runs every half an hour.

I wrote a class but the problem is when I start jboss, I have the following error message:

anonymous wrote : 10:11:11,280 ERROR [TimerServiceImpl] Cannot create txtimer
  | java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to persist timer

anonymous wrote : Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Unique constraint violation:  in statement [insert into TIMERS (TIMERID,TARGETID,INITIALDATE,TIMERINTERVAL,INSTANCEPK,INFO) values (?,?,?,?,?,?)]

Here is the class:

  | @Service
  | @Management(AtividadeTimerServiceManagement.class)
  | public class AtividadeTimerServiceBean implements AtividadeTimerServiceLocal,
  | 		AtividadeTimerServiceManagement {
  |
  | 	@Resource
  | 	private TimerService timerService;
  |
  | 	public void create() throws Exception {
  | 		this.timerService.createTimer(15*60*1000, 5*60*1000, null);
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public void destroy() {
  |
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public void start() throws Exception {
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public void stop() {
  | 	}
  |
  | 	 @Timeout
  | 	public void monitorPeriodoCadastral(Timer timer) {
  | 		 log.info("monitorPeriodoCadastral...");
  | 	}
  | }

Does anybody have any idea why am I getting this error message?
Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4127802#4127802

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4127802