[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Anybody got Seam 2.0.0 working with WebSphere 6.1 and EJ

jbalunas@redhat.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 8 12:14:19 EST 2008

This morning I ran a clean install of websphere + ejb3fp, seam 2.0.1.GA to double check my instructions.  The exact steps I followed are below.

Note that I am seeing the "Found unrecognized persistence provider "org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence" in place of OpenJPA provider.  This provider's properties will not be used." warning in the system err log when this *is* working.  This caused no issues for running the application.  From my research with websphere there is some confusion on what this means.  Some believe that this is just a warning and when the app runs it is using hibernate as it should - based on when class loaders are started and used.  Others believe that it is really using openJPA and ignoring hibernate.  From what I read this message can be avoided by creating a websphere "shared library" that has all the hibernate requirements and then associate it with the application (removing the same jars from the war).

Because I just completed these instructions for the reference docs I wanted to spend some extra time since you were having issues with them.

Let me know if you are still having problems.  You might also want to try removing any other test applications that installed that may be using the same datasource, or tables - maybe they are causing conflicts.  As I said the docs and steps below (same ones) are with a clean install.

I hope this helps,
Jay

*Steps I followed on my linux machine*
* Clean install of Websphere 6.1.09 and ejb feature pack + 6.1.0.13 patch (included with ejb3fp)
   no sample apps
   admin login set
* Augmented the default profile with the ejb3 fp features
* Clean install of Seam 2.0.1ga
* Went to admin console
   set custom properties
*restarted
   had to restart again because ports did not free up
* built JPA example ant websphere61
* Deployed following doc
   Changed web module class loader first
   Then the application's - it took it first time - without file modification
* restart
* Went to http://localhost:9082/jboss-seam-jpa/index.html and everything worked :)

* Got following in error log see notes above:
[2/8/08 11:06:53:610 EST] 00000015 SystemErr     R WARNING: Found unrecognized persistence provider "org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence" in place of OpenJPA provider.  This provider's properties will not be used.

* Went to admin console stopped and started app got exceptions
* restarted
*Went to admin console and looked around
*Went back to http://localhost:9082/jboss-seam-jpa/index.html and everything worked.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4127915#4127915

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4127915