[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Migrating Seam application from Windows to Redhat

supernovasoftware.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 8 13:23:34 EST 2008

I am about to launch a new version of my software and would really like to move from Windows 2000 to Redhat.

My application is based on Seam 2.0.1/EJB3, PostgreSQL 8.3, on JBAS 4.2.2, JRockit 6 R27.4 JRE.

Would someone please comment on their experience with Windows to Linux for this type of application.

My experience with Linux is minimal, but I have hired a Linux consultant to help me with the transition.  He has no experience with JBoss and mainly sets up large clusters of Redhat boxes.

1.  Once I have JBAS and PostgreSQL set up on the Linux box can I expect the same ear built on windows to work without problems?
2.  Are there any pitfalls I should look out for?
3.  Is there any documentation to ease the windows to Redhat transition?
4.  Any other general advice?
5.  How does performance compare for Windows vs Redhat for this type of application?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4127943#4127943

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4127943