[jboss-user] JBoss & Java Mail API: mail-service.xml configuration issue?

frusso at email.it frusso at email.it
Sat Feb 9 05:43:34 EST 2008

Hi everybody,
I'm a newbie in using JBoss and I'm trying to write a simple session
bean that should provide kinda mail-delivery facility.

I've been googling for a couple of nights to finds docs explaining how
to properly configure JBoss in order to be able to send mails by means
of the Java Mail API, but I must confess I did not succeeded. I've
only found out that it should be sufficient customizing the "mail-
service.xml" file found under de deploy folder of (for example) the
default folder. That's why I configured it in the following way:

--- my mail-service.xml ---
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- $Id: mail-service.xml 62349 2007-04-15 16:48:15Z
dimitris at jboss.org $ -->
<server>

   <!--
==================================================================== -->
   <!-- Mail Connection
Factory
                                                                                                                     -->
   <!--
==================================================================== -->

   <mbean code="org.jboss.mail.MailService" name="jboss:service=Mail">
     <attribute name="JNDIName">java:/Mail</attribute>
     <attribute name="User">my at email.address</attribute>
     <attribute name="Password">my_passwd</attribute>
     <attribute name="Configuration">
       <!-- A test configuration -->
       <configuration>
         <!-- Change to your mail server prototocol -->
         <property name="mail.store.protocol" value="pop3"/>
         <property name="mail.transport.protocol" value="smtp"/>

         <!-- Change to the mail server  -->
         <property name="mail.pop3.host" value="pop.somehost.it"/>

         <!-- Change to the SMTP gateway server -->
         <property name="mail.smtp.host" value="smtp.somehost.it"/>

         <!-- The mail server port -->
         <property name="mail.smtp.port" value="25"/>

         <!-- Change to the address mail will be from  -->
         <property name="mail.from" value="my at email.address"/>

         <!-- Enable debugging output from the javamail classes -->
         <property name="mail.debug" value="false"/>
       </configuration>
     </attribute>
     <depends>jboss:service=Naming</depends>
   </mbean>

</server>
--------------------

My session bean looks like this:

--- MailerBean.java ---
@Stateless
public class MailerBean implements MailerLocal {

     private Session mail;

     public void sendMail(String email, String subject, String body)
throws NamingException, MessagingException {
         mail = (Session) ctx.lookup("java:Mail");

         MimeMessage message = new MimeMessage(mail);
         message.setSubject(subject);
         message.setRecipients(javax.mail.Message.RecipientType.TO,
javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress.parse(email, false));
         message.setText(body);
         Transport.send(message);
     }
}
------------------------

Well, at deploy time I obviously have no problems, but trying to run
that service I get the following exception:

--- exception ---
javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses;
   nested exception is:
	com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 553 5.7.1 <my at email.address
 >: Sender address rejected: not logged in

com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.rcptTo(SMTPTransport.java:1196)
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:584)
javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:169)
javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:98)
---------------------

How's that? Am I missing some configuration element in the mail-
session.xml file or should I do something more in my Java code?
Please, note that the email provider I'm trying to use for performing
this very basic test is a public email provider that does not require
neither SSL nor TLS, thus there should be plain password
authentication I guess.

Hope this is not the wrong place for this post and thanks in advance
to anyone who will want to help me,
Francesco

 Sponsor:
 Stanco di girare per trovare quello che ti piace? Su www.grandinettisport.com i migliori marchi dello sportwear