[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Schema generated via Hibernate, sequence issue?

hubaghdadi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Feb 10 02:54:54 EST 2008

Hi.
I got my database schema generated for PostgreSQL database via Hibernate annotations.
The schema generated tables definitions and one sequence definition called: hibernate_sequence
I wrote a couple of SQL text files to populate the database, I run those files via Apache Ant.

  | insert into books values (1, '...', '...', '...');
  | insert into books values (2, '...', '...', '...');
  | insert into categories values (1, '...', '...', '...');
  | insert into categories values (2, '...', '...', '...');

I start to smell some kind of disaster...
I shouldn't hard code IDs by hand as I did, I have to use hibernate_sequence to populate all IDs in all tables, right?
If it is so, any ideas how to do it with my SQL files and Ant?
Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4128151#4128151

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4128151