[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - JNDI Problems with Cluster, Windows XP

MarcusDidiusFalco do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Feb 10 12:44:05 EST 2008

Hallo I am just trying to learn more about JBoss.
I have a single Windows XP machine.
JBoss 4.0.2.GA
With a non-clustered setup I have never had any problems with JNDI. However when I try even the simplest application in a cluster (vertical, copied the all configuration two times and used the BindingManager in one of them), I cannot get a connection to the JNDI Service working.
Both instances start up normally. In the the jmx-console I can see the HAJNDI.
With
jndi.properties on the client side
java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
  | java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming
  | java.naming.provider.url=localhost:1100
I get a
anonymous wrote : javax.naming.NotContextException
  | 	at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:285)
  | 	at org.jboss.ha.jndi.TreeHead.lookupLocally(TreeHead.java:296)
  | 	at org.jboss.ha.jndi.TreeHead.lookup(TreeHead.java:215)
  | 	at org.jboss.ha.jndi.HAJNDI.lookup(HAJNDI.java:155)
  | 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Met
The same with port 1099.
The logs show nothing.
When I switch back to a non-clustered application the jndi-Lookup on 1099 works normally.

I really need a working testing enviroment to learn about JBoss clustering. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4128186#4128186

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4128186