[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: connection factories and JMS

sagimann do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 11 05:16:15 EST 2008

Are you referring to the Queue/Topic/FactoryRef ? Are they the ones used by the MDBs for inbound messaging? I will clarify my main concern:

When I produce messages using a connection factory that was defined using a tx-connection-factory, I can ensure that the credentials are obtained via a secure login module. This is possible because the tx-connection-factory may reference a security-domain.

When I consume messages, however, my MDB may only specify credentials as clear text (<mdb-passwd>, etc).

I was hoping that I could somehow use a tx-connection-factory definition for MDBs, so their credentials could be more secure. JMSProviderAdapter may provide means to define the inbound connection factories via Queue/Topic/FactoryRef but it does not integrate with a security domain - at least from what I was able to find in the docs. Am I wrong? Is there a better way of doing this?

thanks and sorry for the miscommunication.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4128291#4128291

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4128291