[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam overlay and associated table question

vicky123 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 11 06:28:06 EST 2008

Hi All,
I have 2 questions.
1.) I have to display all add/edit forms in an overlay like http://www.eyemany.com(click on Forgot password for example).
    How do I achieve something like this?
2.) I have three tables USER, USER_META_DATA and USER_DATA. USER table contains basic information of a user like name, email, password etc. USER_META_DATA table contains additional fields for a user like some user will have phone number and some will have cell number. And this thing is set according to the company they work in.

ex.
Company A wants to capture home phone of a user and
Company B wants to capture cell phone of a user.
When we add a user for Company A the form will contain 'home phone' field which is in USER_META_DATA table.
When we add a user for Company B the form will contain 'cell phone' field which is also in USER_META_DATA table.

  | DATA MODEL:-
  | USER:-
  | user_id
  | first_name
  | last_name
  | email
  | password
  | companyId
  |
  | USER_META_DATA:-
  | umd_id
  | companyId
  | label
  |
  | USER_DATA:-
  | umd_id
  | user_id
  | value

For company A screen would look like this

  | First Name--------TextBox
  | Last Name---------TextBox
  | Email-------------TextBox
  | Password----------TextBox
  | Home Phone--------TextBox

For company B screen would look like this

  | First Name--------TextBox
  | Last Name---------TextBox
  | Email-------------TextBox
  | Password----------TextBox
  | Cell Phone--------TextBox

Hope I made myself clear.

I am not aware of the right way to achieve both. Can anyone throw some light on this?

Thanks in advance.
-Vivek

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4128315#4128315

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4128315