[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Reliable delivery

vc123 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 11 17:55:25 EST 2008

"timfox" wrote : For persistent messages, you are fundamentally limited by the speed of your database.

  | So your persistent message throughput will entirely depend on how your Oracle box is set-up tuned etc. Oracle is very tunable however.

For persistent messages in the AUTO_ACK mode,  you are limited by your hard disk performance.  The database has to perform sync writes per each message,  so I doubt Oracle has any advantage/disadvantage in comparison to other databases.

But,  what about non_persistent messages ?  In the current JM implementation non_persistent delivery performance seems to be determined by the relational database backend too as I wrote earlier,  though it does not suffer from sync writes as much as persistent delivery does.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4128523#4128523

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4128523