[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Trying to see a web app on a network-connected jboss server

jsmetz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 11 18:38:56 EST 2008

I have set up jboss app servers on two, LAN-connected, windows XP pro pcs.  I have also developed a simple web app for testing purposes, and deployed it to the jboss servers on both machines.  I can view the app via localhost URL on each machine separately, but when I sit at one machine and try to view the app on the other machine using its computer name or IP address (with or without the :8080 port) I get an "unable to connect" error in Firefox.  The jboss directory structure is the same on both machines, and file sharing is enabled across the network.  There has to be a simple solution to this problem, but I can't see it.

The hardware geeks tell me there is no network security issue, and this test works when using two tomcat servers.  Can anybody out there help?

Thanks.  jsmetz - webapp newbie developer

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4128534#4128534

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4128534