[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - No active JTA transaction on joinTransaction call after

dreuzel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 12 07:58:07 EST 2008

I've hardly  any  luck setting  up  Self managed transactions

after  arround 280 (it varies) but is arround 5 minutes  of operations
i have   an error  No active JTA transaction on joinTransaction call

the effective error is the result of NO TRANSACTION IN progress
afer   arround 280  transactions
Ive  placed  cach detection over all my code, I guess there is  no way
toc have  untrapped errors
All errors are displayed in text

I disabled seam managed transactions
    ( transactions=false  /// notransactions

and i'm  attempting to use BMT  handling the  transactions myself

I succeed for about 280 transactions (+- 20)
I need more  then a few thousand  transactions to operate.

a) I do not know what  timeout/problem  I'm hitting

   My session timeout is set to 30 minutes, but it fails in 5 minutes

I'm injecting  the

  | @PersistenceContext (type=EXTENDED) private EntityManager em;

and I'm linking the transaction to the em

  |   userTransaction= org.jboss.seam.util.EJB.getEJBContext().getUserTransaction();//EJB

  and this is where I get  the error.

as I Ommit the  above instruction

 I get  no transaction  active
 as I flusch  the related  updated record. (at  arround the same period ...)

I think I understand how transactions work, although the multiple
timeout and setup facilities plus all what is wat is said in different
forums  messes up  the concrete  implementation

as the number of transactions is limited to 5 minutes (processing a request)  using Seam  seams to get  into trouble...

is there a way to get out of the mess, and  have controll over
trsaction and so the way  the applications work ?  or do we  need to give  in to  hidden limitations taking several days to clarify  if ever ....

any  help  is certainly welcome

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4128722#4128722

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4128722