[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Reliable delivery

ataylor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 12 11:38:21 EST 2008

The first thing I notice is that you are setting the timetolive on send to 1000ms, this means that most of these messages could expire and never be consumed, set this to 0. However, I think that the reason the throughput is dropping to 0 is because the server has run out of memory, try upping the memory before starting the server or reducing the size of message being sent, say -Xmx512M should do it.

Also you are sending messages as quickly as possible which isn't a true representation of what would happen in a real live deployment. You are basically saturating the server with messages. i.e. if the max size of Q1 is 2000 messages, as soon as the consumer falls this many behind the producer the messages are paged to the database, slowing everything down. Try experimenting with the destination paging parameters(see the users guide) and add a throttle to your sender.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4128847#4128847

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4128847