[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Cant create Lifecycle for id: SEAM_PORTLET - error deploying

tomstrummer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 12 16:07:17 EST 2008

I followed the instructions posted here:
http://blog.jboss-portal.org/2007/11/seam-20-portlet-example.html
The only difference being I configured JBoss Portal to use HSQL instead of MySQL.

Here is my stack trace:

  | java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cant create Lifecycle for id: SEAM_PORTLET.
  | at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleFactoryImpl.getLifecycle(LifecycleFactoryImpl.java:226)
  | at org.ajax4jsf.application.DebugLifecycleFactory.getLifecycle(DebugLifecycleFactory.java:87)
  | at org.ajax4jsf.portlet.AbstractAjaxBridge.init(AbstractAjaxBridge.java:64)
  | at org.ajax4jsf.portlet.AjaxPortletBridge.init(AjaxPortletBridge.java:72)
  | at javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet.getFacesPortletBrige(GenericFacesPortlet.java:194)
  | at javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet.doFacesDispatch(GenericFacesPortlet.java:139)

I can navigate to http://localhost:8080/portal/ successfully before I deploy the portlet.  But afterwards I get that error when I hit the page.  I don't get any errors when running "cargo:start" and I only get a timeout (no stacktrace or other indication of error) when I run cargo:deploy.

Tried this w/ Portal 2.6.3 and 2.6.4  I used the JBoss AS version given in the blog instructions (2.6.2-GA).

Thanks.-Tom

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4128934#4128934

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4128934