[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - using Oracle proxy_user across JDBC datasource

jhalmes do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 13 15:29:17 EST 2008

I am trying to setup an Oracle proxy_user login configuration where there is a single user with connect only privileges configured in the ds.xml file and then each connection calls Oracle's (proprietary) openProxySession method to scope the connection's permissions to a user with specific access controlled by Oracle's OLS mechanism.

I found this wiki entry:
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=IntegratingOracleVPDandJBoss

It describes using a custom class to wrap the OracleDriver so that every call to the Connection will open the proxy session transparently.  However after following the instructions it doesn't appear to work.  Somehow JBoss appears to be getting a non-wrapped Oracle driver or something and is not being proxied.  I suspect the issue has something to do with the LocalManagedConnectionFactory or WrapperDataSource that JBoss uses to manage connection pools.

Does anyone know how the connection objects are being instantiated into the pool?  I'm wondering if a clone or some reflection is being used and somehow getting to the actual Oracle driver or connection class underneath the Proxied class which negates the call to openProxySession.  Any ideas?

-jasen

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4129252#4129252

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4129252