[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: ClassLoaderMetaData not propagating (yet?) to classloade

gcompienne do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 14 06:06:27 EST 2008

Yes, I saw the code you refer to. But that's what got me puzzled:

I suspect you are refering to the fact that, if there is no ClassLoaderFactory, then it will automatically create one (as VFSTopLevelClassLoaderSystemDeployer is a decendant of AbstractClassLoaderDeployer).

But still, before the system gets there, a ClassLoaderFactory input should be present before this deployer can get selected (as it is a required input).

But now I am realizing that I have perhaps missed something: The "setAllInputs(true)".

When "setAllInputs(true)" is combined with a setInput, does it mean that the input becomes optional? (I wondered in an earlier post if the setAllInput simply override the inputs as being "all inputs" but I now suspect that is not the case and that it just change the inputs from a "required" state to an "optional" one). This would explain why VFSTopLevelClassLoaderSystemDeployer is called whilst the required input is not there... Is my understanding now correct?

What's also interesting and perhaps misleading is the fact that when inputs are reported on the log the "setAllInputs" status is probably not shown (it just shows the expected inputs, whatever they end up being required or optional).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4129364#4129364

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4129364